Monday, March 2, 2009

Quiet Sunday Afternoon






What a great way to spend a Sunday afternoon, sewing and watching the NASCAR race at the same time.




The first thing I did was to take this block and take most of it apart so I could remake it. If you look closely, in the top center is a Flying Geese unit right above the large pink square. The other three sides are different. The top one is the correct one. I had already had to rip out a couple of the corner HST units as I had them turned backwards. At first I considered leaving it alone but realized that I would never be happy with it that way. So, this is the result.



It looks so much better with all of it's flying geese turned the right direction. The name of the block is "Crystals" and can be found on Quilters Cache. It's one of the blocks I've made for the BPS swap on Block Central. Each month a different person chooses the main and alternate block for that month. You then make the block in whatever colors you want and keep it for yourself. It's an interesting way to make blocks that you might never have done before. I've been doing the blocks in the 30s repro fabrics and have enough now to put together a good size sampler quilt. So, next month I'll start making the blocks in different fabrics.


In other sewing, I did put a narrow black border on my floral attic windows wallhanging. DH is holding it sideways but it still looks good. I still haven't decided if I'm going to put another border on it or not. I'm still thinking about that.


The huge snow storm just barely touched us. We got up on Sunday to about one inch of snow while people to the west and south of us had from 4 to 10 inches. It just curled around us as it made it's turn to stop heading south and turn to the northeast. It did bring in the cold air and wind. Even though it's bright and sunny, it's very deceiving as it's really cold. But, spring isn't far off as the neighbor's daffodills are in full bloom.

1 comment:

Northern Deb said...

What a difference rearranging a block makes! Your block turned out really pretty... hopefully it'll be coming my way one day ;)
NDeb